Monday, November 15, 2010

If the shoe fits...

Well I just completed my first week of training. I'm am happy to report it went much better than I expected. A little over a week ago, I stopped by Salt Lake Running Co. They had me run on a treadmill to see how I run and how my feet land etc. Being a first time runner, I learned all about pronation and alignment, which in the long run makes all the difference. (No pun intended, but literally) Anyway, after trying on different shoes and running around the store, I found a perfect pair. Super comfy, and way cute. After all, I need to look good when I run. My father in law also bought me some non-cotton socks. Also very important. They keep your feet dry while you run so you don't get blisters. I left the store $120 poorer, but so pumped to get started with my training.  
 

1 comment:

  1. that's awesome! Good shoes are essential (as said from a girl who got poor arch supported shoes and gave herself an injury). Remember to cross train, gaining muscles in places you don't really expect helps you to keep your balance if you trip, etc. which can help prevent injury. I'm so excited for you! You should come run Bloomsday with us in Spokane!

    ReplyDelete