Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Well I'm still training. Which despite of how dull that may sound, it's a really good thing. I've never lasted this long a single exercise program. It's hard sometimes because I don't feel like I've progressed that much, but when I look back at where I started, I think I've done pretty well. Yesterday I did my longest run so far, which was 7 miles. That's more than half way to my goal of a half marathon, Yay! It was easier than I thought it would be. The only down side of running further is my knees. After about 5 miles, I really start to feel the strain on them. R.I.C.E. (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevate) helps a ton, but lately my right knee has been giving me a hard time. It's taken longer and longer to recover. I've seen runners with tape on their knees and figured I've give it a try. I bought some Rock tape from Salt Lake Running co. and put it on. So far I'm really liking it. I'll have to see how it works out when I do my long runs.

I've also decided to run the Park City marathon this summer. That's right, a full, 26.2 mile marathon. It's something I've always wanted to do, at least once in my life. So I figured if I'm going to be putting in all this training, I might as well go for it. Plus it's supposed to be a beautiful run through park city. Maybe it will take my mind off all the pain I'll be in. For now I'll just keep running.

No comments:

Post a Comment